Alta SouthwestTesting Laboratories
ALTA Laboratories is capable of performing the full range of advanced materials testing services to meet needs of our clientele and support our Construction Materials Testing, Special Inspections and Geotechnical Departments. Our laboratory is inspected by ADOT, AMRL, CCRL and is accredited by AASHTO and ACI. Testing of soils and concrete for the determination of engineering properties are performed in accordance with the appropriate ASTM or AASHTO procedures as dictated by the project requirements.
Our primary laboratory facility houses state of the art equipment and is the primary materials laboratory for multiple local engineers and contractors who require accurate and timely test results.
- Proctors (Standard and Modified)
- Compressive Strength Testing of Concrete Mortar, and Grout
- Atterberg Limits
- Grain Sizes Including Hydrometers
- Soil Cement/Lime Mix Designs
- Flexural Strength Testing of Concrete
- Aggregate Testing for Organic Impurities
- Aggregate Testing for Specific Gravity, Absorption, and Gradation
- Laboratory Preparation of Concrete Mix Design per ACI 211
- Roller Compacted Concrete Mix Design Natural Moisture Content
- Hydraulic Conductivity on Cohesive Soils
- Unconfined Compression on Rock
- One Dimensional Consolidation